Monday, April 5, 2010

Bowerbirds!

So whenever I tell people that my crafting name is 'Bowerbird Crafts,' most people don't know what a Bowerbird actually is. Imagine my delight when I watched Life yesterday, and the 'Birds' episode featured the Bowerbird! Watch a clip from the show here.



For those of you who don't know about this lovely creature, the species featured on the show is called the 'Vogelkop Bowerbird.' Bowerbirds build structures called 'Bowers' that are essentially love dens, to attract as many females as possible to mate with. The coolest thing about Bowerbirds is that they are the Designers of the bird community. They have an amazing sense of color, and collect things in the same pallet to decorate the entrance to their bower. As a collector and a designer, the Bowerbird is my perfect mascot!

And if you love them as much as I do, you can take this quiz to see if you would be a good Bowerbird yourself!

<3 {Bowerbird}

No comments:

Post a Comment